Yelena Snovsky holds Signature Status in the National Oil and Acrylic Painters Society. Her work has been juried into events around the country, including Oil Painters of America (OPA), American Impressionist Society (AIS), National Oil and Acrylic Painters Society (NOAPS) as well as many National Invitational Plein Air Events, such as "Easels at Fredericks", "Paint Annapolis" and others. Her paintings received numerous awards including second prize at the Salmagundi Club, NYC, "Still Life Honorable Mention" at 28th National Juried Exhibition of Oil Painters of America. Her art work also was published in the book “ 100 painters of Mid-Atlantic “, in the magazine "American Art Collector", in “2012 Mountain Plein Air calendar” and others.
Yelena started out her career as a technical illustrator after graduating university in Belarus with degrees in engineering and graphic art. After moving to U.S. she worked as an advertising illustrator for many years, creating images for various local businesses throughout the New Jersey area. Yelena enjoys painting in oil on canvas. Her art work includes landscapes, seascapes, portraits and still life. Yelena is especially interested in plein air painting and the idea of sharing her instant impression of the moment, in the moment. Most of her landscapes are painted entirely outdoors, in natural light.
M.S. in Civil Engineering - Belarussian State University of Transport, Gomel, Republic of Belarus
4 year degree in Graphic and Fine Art - Belarussian State University of Transport, Gomel, Republic of Belarus
2009 Ridgewood Art Institute, study with internationally recognized painters and teachers John Phillip Osborne and Danielle Wexler a classical methology and the "prismatic palette" that has its origins in the French Barbizon School.
Valentin Serov, Childe Hassam, Mark Hanson, Jon Redmond and other artists had a strong influence on Yelena.
2013 Annual Landscape Painting Workshop with Mark Hanson. Longmont, CO. 09/2-09/62014
2014 "Sound Fundamentals of Painting the Landscape" workshop with Matt Smith. Lambertwille, NJ 05/8-05/1
2016 Workshop with Jon Redmond
- 2021 Oil Painters of America (OPA) Eastern Regional Exhibition, painting Sunset” won Seascape Award of Excellence
- 2019 Oil Painters of America (OPA) 28th National Show
- 2018 Fall Auction. Salmagundi Club, NYC
- 2018 Salmagundi Club, NYC
Painting "Flower Day" has won "Certificate of Merit"
- 2017 Guild of Creative Art, Shrewsbury, NJ
Painting "Ready to Sail" won Caivano Memorial Award for oil
- 2017 SCNY Nautical Exhibition & Sale
Painting "Ready to sail", oil, 14x18 won second prize
- 2014 Salmagundi Annual Members Summer Exhibition.
- 2012 Plein Air 757, Norfolk.Invitational
- 2011 Juried PAPJC Member Show "A Breath of Plein Air"
- 2011 Out & About Norfolk. 5th Annual Plein Air Paint Out. Invitational
- 2011 Bayonet Farm Arts and Music Festival
- 2011 Annual Mountain Maryland Plein Air Juried competition. Painting "Old Station" was selected to be included in 2012 Mountain Maryland Plein Air Calendar
- 2011 31st Ridgewood Art Institute Regional Open Juried Show
- 2010 Out & About Norfolk. Outdoor 3 Days painting competition . Invitational.
- 2009 6th Annual Bayonet Farm and Art Festival, Holmdel, NJ, 2009
2019 Oil Painters of America 28st National Juried Exhibition of Traditional Oils Magazine.
Painting "Cheese and Wine" was published.
2018 American Art Collector
2014 Book "100 Plein Air Painters of the Mid-Atlantic" by Gary Pendleton
2012 Oil Painters of America 21st National Juried Exhibition of Traditional Oils Magazine.
Painting " Wine and Cheese"" was published.
2012 PleinAir Magazine September Issue
One image was published in Conjunction with Featured PAPJC Group at the Bayonet Farm
2012 Mountain Maryland Plein Air Calendar, September 2011
2011 NorthJersey.com Best of the Best are at Regional Jury Art Show February 4
2009 Invitation Cards for Bayonet Farm
Painting "Gray Barn" was selected to be published for cards and flyer
Builder/Architect Magazine So.& Central Jersey Edition June 1993 Illustrations Blackstone Company, Incorporated
Agricultural Machinery Catalogues. Perspective Illustrations From Engineering Drawings. Republic of Belarus 1983-1989
Associations and Affiliations:
Oil Painters of America (OPA)
National Oil & Acrylic Painters' Society (NOAPS)
American Impressionist Society
The Guild of Creative Art (NJ) Exhibiting Member
Plein Air Painters of the Jersey Coast (PAPJC)